As of April 2019
Members MUST :
1. abide by the rules of the club
2. have a current Environment Agency rod license (if using 3 rods a new 3 rod license is required).
3. carry their membership cards when visiting our waters
4. not exceed 5mph on the entire complex
5. parking in designated parking areas
6. use unhooking mats at all times
7. use a minimum of a 42″Landing net when specimen fishing
8. have scales, weigh slings, cameras ready for use before removing fish from the water
9. return all fish to the same water as soon as possible (NO sacking / retaining of fish allowed)
9a The use of a keepnet is permitted for silver fishing only.
10. carry a Carp Care kit at all times and use where appropriate
11. only fish your swim and the water in front of you
12. use a minimum of 15lb breaking strain line when specimen fishing
13. not use more than 3 rods on the Big Lake and New Barge ( New EA 3 Rod License required to use 3 Rods )
14. not use more than 2 rods on all other waters
15. take all litter home and disposed of responsibly
16. lock gates after entry and exit
17. fish to be removed or introduced to fishery
18. non paying guests except members partners and children under 16 years of age
19. rods to be left unattended
20. fixed rigs. Rigs may be inspected by the bailiff at any time
21. junior members are allowed to fish the Big Lake
22. dogs, fires, loud music, excessive alcohol, drug taking, swimming or wading
23. live baiting
24. nuts of any kind are allowed
25. braided mainline allowed except when lure fishing
26. swim is to be left vacated for more than 2 hours
27. use of bait boats, other than the Big Lake and New Barge
28. the flying of Drones is not permitted on any of our lakes.
28. Members are responsible for their guests
29. Members are allowed a maximum of one guest ticket per session
30. Tickets must be purchased before fishing
31. Guests must be accompanied by their host at all times
32. Guests are not allowed to fish the big lake
33. No guest tickets allowed in the month of April
- see website for ticket retailers
34. The bailiff’s word is final. Members do have the right to appeal decisions by writing to the committee.
35. ODAA reserves the right to withdraw or suspend any member at our discretion should they break any of the above rules. No refund of any monies shall be paid. All decisions made by the committee are final and are not subject to appeal.
Please remember Ruxley Lakes is a SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) we are answerable to the Environment Agency our landlord, English Nature & Kent Wildlife Trust.
36. If you are requested to vacate any area to allow a Penshurst Estate shooting party, you must immediately do so.
37. Family picnics or similar are prohibited and any non-fishing persons must sit in close proximity to appropriate member.
38. NO fishing after dark
39. NO dogs allowed
40. Keepnets are permitted
41. Persons must not walk through or fish in any woodland, thicket, or pheasant covert adjoining the river
42 Fishing all year round on Backwaters. (Rivers: close season still applies)
Rules for Individual RFA Members (ODAA valid.)
43 Only those possessing a current ODAA Membership card with RFA sticker attached, may enter onto and / or fish RFA properties and waters.
44 Any RFA Member or riparian owner may demand sight of any angler’s permit to fish RFA waters.
45 Angling shall be by rod (maximum two) and line only using bait, fly or lure. No nets or other devices (except for landing and keep nets used in conjunction with fishing rods) shall be used, and for disease control purposes, no live fish to be used as bait.
46 Any persons fishing must hold a current EA Licence to Fish and will obey all EA or RFA Bye - Laws and other regulations as may be applied.
47 In any one day, no more than two sizeable game fish may be retained per angler. All other fish must be returned alive to the water.
48 Night fishing is prohibited
49 Access to RFA waters shall be by way of authorised gates and paths only. Any person trespassing onto adjoining fields or other property will be banned from further access to RFA waters.
50 The ‘Country Code’ must be observed at all times, and in particular:
i) No gates to be left open or unfastened;
ii) Livestock not to be harassed or otherwise interfered with;
iii) No bait to be dug for in adjoining fields or banks;
iv) No damage to be caused to any fence, hedge, noticeboard, bank or other structure;
v) No fire to be lit;
vi) No dog to be brought onto RFA waters and properties;
vii) No firearm, trap or other snare to be carried or used;
viii) No game to be interfered with or otherwise damaged;
ix) No tent, camp, ‘bivvy’ or similar structure to be pitched;
x) No vehicle to be parked on or driven onto any bank or adjoining field, or in any way which might cause an obstruction;
xi) No litter or rubbish to be left;
xii) No radio, tape recorder or other similar noisy appliance to be used;
xiii) No gaff to be used;
xiv) No commitment of any act which might in any way prejudice any rights held by the RFA, or which might bring disrepute upon the RFA.
Click Here to Download Rules